+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NBA Finals

Thanks

NBA Finals

It may not be what everyone expected when the season first started, but after an amazing comeback by the Heat to knock out Chicago, A Heat v Mavs Finals rematch is ON.

These two teams are obviously much different than when the season started, so please dont factor that into your judgment. Who ya got, and in how many?

I said Heat in 6 against Chicago as well as Mavs in 6 against OKC. Anyone in here who knows me, know I am going to pick the Heat. I may somewhat biased, but this Heat team has proven to me that they deserve my vote. I also think they had a tougher last two series and seem to be a little more battle tested. Clutch shooting just seems to be a lot more natural now too. Heat in 6.
    Jonathan Colao
    College Football Moderator

"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."
    Vince Lombardi

Thanks
    Heat in 5
    Tom Johnson
    Executive Vice President | Deputy Publisher
    The Sports Jury LLC
    Featured Columnist

[email protected]

Thanks
    Mavs in 7

Thanks
    btw...watching watchin ESPN this mourning and they just played a clip of Scottie Pippen on the radio saying that Jordan may be the most prolific scorer in the history of the game, but Lebron may be the best player in the history of the game due to his scoring, ability to get others involved, and defense. Of all people....I'm shocked...Now ESPN just tearing into Scottie...I guess we know how they feel.

Edit: To add, now Dan LeBatard from ESPN Radio is on air saying Rose wasnt the real MVP and Lebron proved that in their 1 vs 1
    Jonathan Colao

Vince Lombardi

Thanks
    really Dan LeBatard....so they played one on one? Rose had no help...I remember Lebron fizzling out with no help in Cleveland...noone said he wasnt the Real MVP. Classless Dicksucking ESPN as usual. And Pippen must have forgot about Jordan's defense.

As for the series...I like Marion on Bron..he will not stop him but should be effective. Miami has no answer for Dirk...if they put Bosh on him then he averages 40 for the series. And my key factor is Terry...going to give them the boost off the bench the Mavs need. Mavs in 7
    Jason Terrell
    Other College Sports Community Leader
    Columnist | College Basketball Moderator

Thanks
    Charles Barkley was never the real MVP either I guess. stupid comment by a 'professional' that just irks me.
    Jason Terrell

Thanks
    Originally Posted by JasonTerrell
    really Dan LeBatard....so they played one on one? Rose had no help...I remember Lebron fizzling out with no help in Cleveland...noone said he wasnt the Real MVP. Classless Dicksucking ESPN as usual. And Pippen must have forgot about Jordan's defense.

As for the series...I like Marion on Bron..he will not stop him but should be effective. Miami has no answer for Dirk...if they put Bosh on him then he averages 40 for the series. And my key factor is Terry...going to give them the boost off the bench the Mavs need. Mavs in 7
    I just think its funny how quickly ESPN turns there opinions around according to the moment..it really shows what poor quality reporting and analysis they do.

As for Dirk, I dont think he is going to average 40 for the series, but I wouldnt be surprised if he is 2 or 3 above his average in assists. If he starts to work the paint, I expect Miami to rotate and extra man to help. If Dirk can make the pass to an open man, the Mavs have the players that can make the shot.

Miami however will have a step on Dallas. Yes the Mavs swept the Lakers, but I dont think that means as much as it would have 2-3 years ago. Miami's rotations and double teams have gotten really crisp since the last time these two teams faced each other. Also Jason, I know Dirk is much improved from 2006, but look at the job UD did on Dirk. He is a spark that Miami thrives off of. I am also interested to see if Lebron takes on the challenge of guarding Dirk. Another factor of having Dirk on the floor is that he is an average defender, so if Bosh can provide a steady series as with Chicago, he and Dirk may be a wash. And NO im not saying Bosh>Dirk..but if Bosh gives his 23+ PPG and 10 Rebounds, then I really dont see anyone stopping the Heat.
    Jonathan Colao

Vince Lombardi

Thanks
    Charles Barkley was never the real MVP either I guess. stupid comment by a 'professional' that just irks me.
    However, I also don't think Rose is a stellar choice for an MVP. His numbers werent that impressive imo. Only reason he has so many points is because he takes so many shots. He also played more poorly this playoffs than Lebron did when he was with the Cavs. Remember, he has a triple double when he apparently "gave up" against Boston. I just have a problem of giving it to a player that misses so much. Did he lead his team? Yes to the best record in the NBA. That made him a safe pick. Lebron arguably didnt lead his team entirely so therefore was not a good pick for MVP. However, sheer stats were better than Rose. I actually liked Howard for MVP. He had the numbers, leadership, and dominance. All he was missing was the wins. A 4th seed in the East is not very respectable, and neither is a first round exit in the playoffs. Rose is still young and needs a lot of work to get to the next level. He isnt as good as the media wants to make him out to be, but I feel all that is just an act to make the MVP race look like a more decisive decision than it really was.
    Jonathan Colao

Vince Lombardi

Thanks
    if Bosh guards Dirk then he will go batshit crazy dropping J's all game. Bosh gets lit up by YMCA PF wannabes. I like the Marion James match up..and since the Heat have lame PGs...Kidd wont be asked to do much on defense
    Jason Terrell

Thanks
    Hope someone nukes both teams in 5
    William Bryhn
    President & CEO | Publisher
    The Sports Jury LLC
    [email protected]

Thanks
    Heat in seven, mavs in 6 or 7

Thanks
    if Bosh guards Dirk then he will go batshit crazy dropping J's all game. Bosh gets lit up by YMCA PF wannabes. I like the Marion James match up..and since the Heat have lame PGs...Kidd wont be asked to do much on defense
    And that explains KGs play in the Celtics series? Bosh will do an OK job as long as he gets help. Kidd defensively will need to focus more on the double team, most likely on Wade. The Mavs will need his offensive output if they want to stretch the floor. The Heat have been guarding against the PG well, nd I think Mario Chalmers can take on Kidd himself.
    Jonathan Colao

Vince Lombardi

Thanks
    Originally Posted by miami_maniac
    And that explains KGs play in the Celtics series? Bosh will do an OK job as long as he gets help. Kidd defensively will need to focus more on the double team, most likely on Wade. The Mavs will need his offensive output if they want to stretch the floor. The Heat have been guarding against the PG well, nd I think Mario Chalmers can take on Kidd himself.
    sir did you just compare a broke down KG to a hot as fyah Dirk. 2 different games. That being said..Heat can't stop stud scoring PGs...and Terry is that off the bench.
    Jason Terrell

Thanks
    sir did you just compare a broke down KG to a hot as fyah Dirk. 2 different games. That being said..Heat can't stop stud scoring PGs...and Terry is that off the bench.
    KG is broken down..however, no one was saying that until the Heat beat down Boston. And the Heat made Rose look like a little girl the entire series, especially in the 4th quarter. The same Rose that was supposed to be the MVP and the fastest player in the league.
    Jonathan Colao

Vince Lombardi

Thanks
    KG is broken down..however, no one was saying that until the Heat beat down Boston. And the Heat made Rose look like a little girl the entire series, especially in the 4th quarter. The same Rose that was supposed to be the MVP and the fastest player in the league.
    lol I have said that all year. and Rose had no help..they sorely need a shooting guard that can play. And any player can be shut down if the game plan is right and they have no help....ask Lebron versus the Spurs in the Finals. Also blame ESPN for the Heat hate..they dont even hide their biased Heat shit. Day after game 1...question polled...Will the Heat sweep? I mean ONE GAME
    Jason Terrell

Thanks
    So does someone want to come on here and continue to say Miami gets all the calls? How bad was that game???? 13 more fouls called on the Heat, Mavs shot 12 more free throws even though Miami was focused on taking it to the paint. Must have been 7 or 8 loose ball fouls on Miami. That should NEVER happen. They almost took the wind out of Miami's sails up 6 under 3 minutes and then 2 straight Miami fouls to send Dirk to the line..C'mon now...Heat win.
    Jonathan Colao

Vince Lombardi

Thanks
    So does someone want to come on here and continue to say Miami gets all the calls? How bad was that game???? 13 more fouls called on the Heat, Mavs shot 12 more free throws even though Miami was focused on taking it to the paint. Must have been 7 or 8 loose ball fouls on Miami. That should NEVER happen. They almost took the wind out of Miami's sails up 6 under 3 minutes and then 2 straight Miami fouls to send Dirk to the line..C'mon now...Heat win.
    and they are still up something like 120 against their playoff opponents. But hey when they are the greatest team in history and everyone else are amateurs..well who cares.
    Jason Terrell

Thanks
    and they are still up something like 120 against their playoff opponents. But hey when they are the greatest team in history and everyone else are amateurs..well who cares.
    oh come one Terrell. With two slashers like Wade and Lebron do you really expect them NOT to go to the line? +120 over an 18 game span isnt really that bad if you are talking about free throws. Less than 7 a game difference. Lebron only tking what 8 FTA in this series is BS.
    Jonathan Colao

Vince Lombardi

Thanks
    oh come one Terrell. With two slashers like Wade and Lebron do you really expect them NOT to go to the line? +120 over an 18 game span isnt really that bad if you are talking about free throws. Less than 7 a game difference. Lebron only tking what 8 FTA in this series is BS.
    yeah well outside of Dallas...the teams they played had slashers too. Dirk always get throws..he draws the fouls. and Lebron is only taking that many because Wade is carrying the team. God help Miami if LBJ gets jealous and tries to be the man... Wade has proven why Scottie Pippen is obviously on crack.
    Jason Terrell

Thanks
    yeah well outside of Dallas...the teams they played had slashers too. Dirk always get throws..he draws the fouls. and Lebron is only taking that many because Wade is carrying the team. God help Miami if LBJ gets jealous and tries to be the man... Wade has proven why Scottie Pippen is obviously on crack.
    76ers should not come close in the FT battle with the Heat based on sheer talent. Boston does not have slashers. Their most effective players live on long jumpers for the majority. Chicago was actually pretty even with Miami for a couple of games in the FT battle, but putting the bigger Lebron on Rose really limited his ability to get to the basket, thus leading to less FTA. As far as Lebron trying to take over, I agree completely. Game 2 is the perfect example. He tried and they blew it. However, by the looks of the Chicago series, if Lebron can work on his outside shot and develop it as much as Wade has, he will then be able to take games over in the future. In the Chicago series he was so effective because he was hitting those outside shots and teams couldnt just load the paint. The Bulls opened up their defense and the Lebron was able to take it to the hoop. Dallas has refused to do so thus daring Lebron to take those outside shots. Some are actually REALLY good looks that players like Dirk could hit easily. If he develops that part of his game, then watch out.
    Jonathan Colao

Vince Lombardi

Thanks
    76ers should not come close in the FT battle with the Heat based on sheer talent. Boston does not have slashers. Their most effective players live on long jumpers for the majority. Chicago was actually pretty even with Miami for a couple of games in the FT battle, but putting the bigger Lebron on Rose really limited his ability to get to the basket, thus leading to less FTA. As far as Lebron trying to take over, I agree completely. Game 2 is the perfect example. He tried and they blew it. However, by the looks of the Chicago series, if Lebron can work on his outside shot and develop it as much as Wade has, he will then be able to take games over in the future. In the Chicago series he was so effective because he was hitting those outside shots and teams couldnt just load the paint. The Bulls opened up their defense and the Lebron was able to take it to the hoop. Dallas has refused to do so thus daring Lebron to take those outside shots. Some are actually REALLY good looks that players like Dirk could hit easily. If he develops that part of his game, then watch out.
    by sheer talent? Sixers got to the whole a lot..whether they were more talented or not doesn't mean they don't get the calls. Heat are lucky they couldn't close games or it would have gone 6 at least. And Rondo would beg to differ with your no slashers. The Heat have got plenty of calls. Wade and Chalmers really have hurt the Mavs...and Bosh as much as I dont like her....hit a bigger shot than Lebron ever has last night.
    Jason Terrell

Thanks
    by sheer talent? Sixers got to the whole a lot..whether they were more talented or not doesn't mean they don't get the calls. Heat are lucky they couldn't close games or it would have gone 6 at least. And Rondo would beg to differ with your no slashers. The Heat have got plenty of calls. Wade and Chalmers really have hurt the Mavs...and Bosh as much as I dont like her....hit a bigger shot than Lebron ever has last night.
    Lebron has definitely taken a back seat this series. However, he facilitated well, especially in the 4th quarter. Bosh has been off this series too, but after Wade got onto him, he did a good job not hesitating to take that shot.
    Jonathan Colao

Vince Lombardi

Thanks
    Lebron has definitely taken a back seat this series. However, he facilitated well, especially in the 4th quarter. Bosh has been off this series too, but after Wade got onto him, he did a good job not hesitating to take that shot.
    Chalmers has been quietly being a factor as well. I mean 12 points in a Finals game ...that is his one shining moment lol
    Jason Terrell

Thanks
    Urgh, series tied at 2...I knew this was going to happen. No way Miami wins 2 straight in Dallas. However, I feel Miami responds well to a loss. Dirk is supposedly sick, but there is NO way he has a fever of 101. I don't care who you are. Miami in 6 is looking more and more like a correct pick. Lebron needs to get his shit together though. The Mavs are making him look like shit. I kind of feel like I know how the Cavs' fan felt....So lets see if he holds true and goes off next game.
    Jonathan Colao

Vince Lombardi

Thanks
    Urgh, series tied at 2...I knew this was going to happen. No way Miami wins 2 straight in Dallas. However, I feel Miami responds well to a loss. Dirk is supposedly sick, but there is NO way he has a fever of 101. I don't care who you are. Miami in 6 is looking more and more like a correct pick. Lebron needs to get his shit together though. The Mavs are making him look like shit. I kind of feel like I know how the Cavs' fan felt....So lets see if he holds true and goes off next game.
    reason people hate Miami Heat. things like 'no way he had a 101 fever' I mean guess there is no way Jordan had a 103 fever? Guy looked like death. Give the man his due...this Heat arrogance is ridiculous.
    Jason Terrell

Thanks
    reason people hate Miami Heat. things like 'no way he had a 101 fever' I mean guess there is no way Jordan had a 103 fever? Guy looked like death. Give the man his due...this Heat arrogance is ridiculous.
    Its the media doing what they do. First it was the finger in Game 2 and now the fever for Game 4. Each win they want to make it seem like this Mavs team has overcome all these obstacles to come out to win. Apparently he was coughing and wheezing all game, but from the after game footage I saw, he looked tired, but I dont think he sneezed once. So he magically can stop in front of the camera? Truth is, you can't make a living off shooting the type of shots he takes. Any other player would be destroyed for taking the amount of ill-advised shots he takes. They are extremely difficult. He had an off night obviously. I mean he actually missed a free throw. I'm not denying that he was sick, nor did he have a fever at some point in time, but come for the coach to come out and say a fever effects a 7'0 different then other people is just grasping.
    Jonathan Colao

Vince Lombardi

Thanks
    Its the media doing what they do. First it was the finger in Game 2 and now the fever for Game 4. Each win they want to make it seem like this Mavs team has overcome all these obstacles to come out to win. Apparently he was coughing and wheezing all game, but from the after game footage I saw, he looked tired, but I dont think he sneezed once. So he magically can stop in front of the camera? Truth is, you can't make a living off shooting the type of shots he takes. Any other player would be destroyed for taking the amount of ill-advised shots he takes. They are extremely difficult. He had an off night obviously. I mean he actually missed a free throw. I'm not denying that he was sick, nor did he have a fever at some point in time, but come for the coach to come out and say a fever effects a 7'0 different then other people is just grasping.
    so for LeBitch to mention he has a cold BEFORE a game this playoffs...so he can look like a hero lol. I like how ESPN is sucking off the Miami D as the greatest ever *haha at that* yet the Heat are averaging something like 86 a game and 42% shooting...guess Dallas isnt playing any great D...
    Jason Terrell

Thanks
    oh btw he has mad a damn good living taking the shots he takes. Factual proof to back that up. Granted you are one of the 20 South Florida fan that sticks with your teams...but this Heat team is not GREAt yet...great teams would have been up 3-0 and ready to close it out.
    Jason Terrell

Thanks
    I agree. I also have not said that this team is great. I personally don't think they are even close. This series proves that. I was probably one of the only ones that felt, and said, that if Miami just made it to the Finals this year, it would be an accomplishment. I stand by that. Do I think they have a chance to win? Of coarse, but the success of this season in regards to the future of this team does not depend on actually winning THIS year. And as for James, no I dont think he was that sick either. For the media to be making such a big deal about Lebron, Dirk, Wade, or anyone else that is inhibited in some kind of way is ridiculous. It just downplays the effort and makes an excuse before failure even exists. The only player I felt deserved to be made a big deal about was Rondo. That was a serious injury and it took balls to go back out there. Was it as bad as ESPN made it out to be? Probably not if he wasnt even taking any shots to numb the pain, but nonetheless it obviously effected his game. If I am going to call James any type of name, it will probably be LeGhost. He isnt folding under the pressure, he isnt complaining about sharing the ball either. However, when he decides to let Wade or Bosh take over, it doesnt mean that he has to disappear. Thats apart of the learning process that this team is still going through. If Wade is double teamed and passes him the rock, he still needs to remember that he is one of the primary options. He ends up just staying outside the 3 point line and making an immediate pass without even considering scoring. That cant happen.

As for Dirk, I know that is HIS shot. Thats why I said any other player would get murdered for constantly taking those shots. However, it is one of the toughest shots in basketball. He is bond to miss some. Does he make more than most? Yes, but I think Mavs fans and anti-Heat fans these playoffs have been spoiled by the consistency in which he is making those shots.

Miami also doesnt have one of the greatest defenses ever. I dont think anyone has said that. matter of fact, Barkley said during the Chicago series that Chicago may have one of the best defenses ever. Truth is, Miami has one of, if the top defense in the league THIS year. The Mavs are easily a 100 ppg team. That has definitely not been the case this playoffs. However, the have still found ways to win, and I give the kudos for that. However, it has been directly related to Miami not being able to score late in games. The defense is holding them under 90, so even though the Mavs seem to score at will during the end of games, the runs are mostly due to Miami not being able to score for several minute stretches.
    Jonathan Colao

Vince Lombardi

Thanks
    actually ESPN was trying to pawn the greatest defense thing..and it is def not better than the Spurs in their prime of title runs. If Lebron puts another Jrue Holliday statline (8,9,7) they are done. I feel Miller has not got as much heat as he should for blowing shots left and right..because of the situation with his kid. But if he hits shots then its a whole different series.
    Jason Terrell

Thanks
    Its true, but where he has left off, Chalmers has picked up slack. Thats why the bench point differential hasnt been too awful considering Terry is the secondary scorer.
    Jonathan Colao

Vince Lombardi

Thanks
    Well, game 5 is a must win for the Mavs just as much as game 4. Don't see Dallas winning two straight in Miami.
    Benjamin Dial
    Vice President | Deputy Publisher
    The Sports Jury LLC
    Featured Columnist

[email protected]

Thanks
    actually ESPN was trying to pawn the greatest defense thing..and it is def not better than the Spurs in their prime of title runs. If Lebron puts another Jrue Holliday statline (8,9,7) they are done. I feel Miller has not got as much heat as he should for blowing shots left and right..because of the situation with his kid. But if he hits shots then its a whole different series.
    The 8 points is a problem, but the 9 boards and 7 assists are fine.
    Tom Johnson
    The Sports Jury LLC
    Featured Columnist

[email protected]

Thanks
    Originally Posted by FlyinTooFast
    The 8 points is a problem, but the 9 boards and 7 assists are fine.
    yeah....a Jrue Holliday stat line. King Holliday
    Jason Terrell

Thanks
    yeah....a Jrue Holliday stat line. King Holliday
    I have a hard time believing Jrue Holliday averages those numbers.
    Tom Johnson
    The Sports Jury LLC
    Featured Columnist

[email protected]

Thanks
    I'm sick of people calling LeBron a facilitator. When he dishes the ball to playmakers (Wade, Bosh) and crashes the boards to get offensive rebounds, he is facilitating. When he passes the ball off to Haslem because he has no confidence in his own shots, and stands behind the arc watching his teammates try to win a ring for him, that's high school. He looked like a deer in the headlights often in this series. But supposedly he "rebounds well" off of bad games. Got to the point where Mike Miller was taking over because he didn't think LeBron was on his game. Damn. Now I know why he didn't go somewhere like NJ/NY/Chicago to prove he can win a ring by himself. Where is pippen during all of this???

If Tyson Chandler continues to dominate in the paint, I don't think the Heat can win the series. Bosh just doesn't go "hard in da paint" for a guy his size. He can't finish his dunks, and he's relying on his baseline shot. Chandler has been slamming it down and getting offensive rebounds, making the Heat frontcourt look soft.
    "Hungry is a word that I've been analyzing here of late. It's not hunger that drives me, it's not hunger that needs to drive our football team. Hunger and thirst are things that can be quenched. We have to be a driven group, we have to seek greatness." -Mike Tomlin

Thanks
    Originally Posted by FlyinTooFast
    I have a hard time believing Jrue Holliday averages those numbers.
    never said he did..though he was on the verge of a triple double all the time...and finished with a lot of triple single's ala Lebron's game. Actually averaged 14 6.5 assists and 4 rebounds. I like the kid and wish Philly would send him to Charlotte lol
    Jason Terrell

Thanks

Stevenson and Terry

Is anyone else tired of hearing Stevenson and Terry's side comments? I honestly don't care who wins the Finals, but I hate when players say stupid things after a game just to get attention. Dirk and Wade are the best players out there,yet you dont hear them talking senseless trash post game. Yeah,I'm just a guy sitting on my couch watching the game, but Stevenson's coming off the bench and keeps blabbing. The stuff I hear he and Terry say tend to make me pull for the Heat. Honestly though,I still wish Memphis/OKC had made it...lol ( yeah,i know...wishful thinking...)

Thanks
    I obviously dont like either of them, but I am biased. All I know is that is Lebron said those things, people would want his head on a silver platter. Stevenson is also the biggest whiner/flopper on the court. Heck, people think Lebron's "king" tattoo is bad, JT has the freaking Larry O'Brian...JT will just never be the physical talent Lebron is, therefore supposed to be perfect.
    Jonathan Colao

Vince Lombardi

Thanks
    Going with that, Lebron's expectation is ridiculous. Triple double in Game 5, 2 points, 4 assists, and a couple rebounds in the 4th quarter. Thats responsible for 10 points. Even Miami fans are saying he is play poorly, or sunk under pressure. WHAT ABOUT THE DEFENSE??? Yes the Mavs were due for a big shooting night, but so many WIDE open 3s? That was the mental breakdown of this game. I also don't think the Mavs, as a team, will shoot like that again.
    Jonathan Colao

Vince Lombardi

Thanks
    Going with that, Lebron's expectation is ridiculous. Triple double in Game 5, 2 points, 4 assists, and a couple rebounds in the 4th quarter. Thats responsible for 10 points. Even Miami fans are saying he is play poorly, or sunk under pressure. WHAT ABOUT THE DEFENSE??? Yes the Mavs were due for a big shooting night, but so many WIDE open 3s? That was the mental breakdown of this game. I also don't think the Mavs, as a team, will shoot like that again.
    yeah what about defense...Terry was his man..and was open for some 3's in the 4th. His 4th quarter stunk. Plain and simple. Assists my ass..when you have 11 points totla in the 4th quarter of all 5 games...and you are called The King...there is an issue. Wade sucked it up and had a damn good game for being injured..and Chalmers really kept them in the game in the first half. If not for the Heat outrebounding the Mavs by 12...this game is a 20 point blowout. Lebron settled for jacking 3's in the 4th rather than take it to the hole. Ife he takes it to the hole in the 4th he either scores...or gets to the line.

as for Stevenson..him and Lebron have a history..and noone really cares what a stunt double from New Jack City has to say..as for Terry..his game and clutch shots give him a bit of a right to talk.
    Jason Terrell

Thanks
    Also I think a big deal was made in the first 4 games of Miami not playing up to their norm. It was ignored that until game 5...Dallas had not played there total game yet either.
    Jason Terrell

Thanks
    Jason Terrell

Thanks
    The Mavs need to close this out in game 6. Going to be extremely difficult to win a road game in game 7. Celtics couldnt do it last year. I have a gut feeling Kidd is going to go off. Hes closer to a title then hes ever been and the great ones can always taste it. His D this series has been excellent since game 1.
    Matt Boikess
    NFL Bureau Editor
    [email protected]

Senior Columnist | NFL Moderator

Two signs hung in the Dolphins’ draft room last week. The first:
    “For the next three days, we are going to draft prototypical players that play football well in their pads on the football field.” The 2nd sign: “Mascot players, fat cats and other favorites will wait until late on Saturday.”

Thanks
    Berea was a huge factor as well after slumping for 4 games. It will be intense...so intense the Miami crowd may actually stand up and cheer for 5 minutes.
    Jason Terrell

+ Reply to Thread